What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers. These are sent from Mekonomen’s or our partners’ web servers and stored on your device as shown below. We use different cookies:
- Session cookies are a temporary cookie that ends when you close your browser or app.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on your computer until you remove them or they expire.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the site you visit.
- Third-party cookies are cookies set by a third-party site.
- Web beacons are small transparent graphic images that may be in e-mail we send to you.
- Similar technologies are a technology that stores data in your browser or on your device in a manner similar to cookies and web beacons.
The cookies we use normally improve the services we offer you. In general, we categorize our cookies and their use as follows:
- Necessary cookies are absolutely necessary to provide our basic services, such as our payment options or our customer portal. Our services would not work without these cookies.
- Analysis cookies provides overall analytical information regarding your use of our services.
- Functional cookies enable us to save settings such as language or pre-fill your information. Without these types of cookies, we would not be able to tailor our services to your requirements.
- Security Cookies make our services and your data safe and secure by helping us to detect fraud and protect your data. Since this is an essential part of our services, these cookies are necessary.
- Advertising Cookies enable us to target relevant marketing to you.
Your browser or device usually allows you to change the settings for the use and extent of cookies. Go to the settings of your browser or device to learn more about how to adjust the settings for cookies. For example, you can choose to block all cookies, accept only first-party cookies, or delete cookies when you close your browser. Please keep in mind that some of our services might not work if you block or delete cookies.